The Shooter's School
One Week Program - June 29th through July 3rd (Monday to Friday)
- NOTE: Limited to 20 players per age level
- Varsity Level - For players who expect to tryout this coming season or who have already played varsity basketball
- JV and Freshmen - For players who expect to play freshman or JV basketball in the coming season
- Middle School (entering grades 6 through 8) - For players who expect to play on their middle school team and/or have played AAU, CYO, etc.
- $425 for five days
- See Session III for details on enrolling in both AP Hoops & The Shooter's School
- Note: Group rate pricing is available for this program for groups of 5 players or more. Call 516-306-1512 for more information
The Shooter's School is an intensive offensive skills program where each player learns what it takes to be a "scorer." Players will learn the shooting techniques, the drills and the right mental approach that can help them become a more complete offensive player. The Shooter's School is dedicated to teaching the most important and fun part of every player's skill development - SHOOTING AND SCORING!
In Addition: To compliment offensive skills development, various defensive techniques and strategies - both individual and team - will be taught during stations and used in competitive drill work and games.
- Morning Warmups and Ball Handling Skills
- Competitive Station Work
- Highlight Station - "Developing A Move
- Shooting Stations - emphasis on a different shot everyday
- Fast Break Skills - Learning to run the floor and FINISH!
- Team Defense Stations - Stopping the Scorer, Help & Recover, closing out
- The Shooter's Game - be the "designated scorer" for your team. Learn how it feels to be "the go to guy!"
- The Situation Tourney - pressure packed action in game ending situations.
- Controlled Scrimmage Games - Being coached on the run!
Our staff has always demonstrated a true passion for the game. They spend the day instructing, encouraging, demonstrating and helping. They try to give each player the individual attention that leads to greater confidence in competitive environments. There is no better teaching staff to be found in ANY summer basketball school.
Please Note: The Shooter's School has traditionally filled to capacity.
- Doors open at 8:30am for "early bird" warmup
- Program begins at 9:00am
- Lunch is 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Afternoon session is 1:00pm to 3:30pm
- Pick-up is from 3:45pm to 4:00pm
- Note: Transportation IS NOT provided
For additional program information call 516-306-1512